Why is my registration not working?
- For login problems, first check your spam folder. Did you use a valid email address? Was there a typo? Until a user clicks on the verification link sent in the automated email registration message, an account is not active for login. Request the registration email be resent through a password reset, or contact the administrator (at) cippguide (dot) com. Though we will make every effort to solve the problem sooner, please give us 48 hours to respond.
I paid for a subscription, and I don’t have access to the premium products section – What gives?
- First, check your status on your profile page under the “Products Owned” section. You should see CIPP_Guide followed by a Gold/Silver designation.
- If you registered and later “added” a paid subscription, there is the possibility you will create a second account. This is especially true if your Paypal account email address is different from the email address used for registration. Check the email address of your PAYPAL Account! Until you click on the registration link, you are an unverified user with no access rights.
- You must be logged in prior to buying the upgrade.
- If you don’t see your purchased subscription under “Products Owned”, recheck the registration email and try logging in with your Paypal email address and password generated, or contact the administrator to manually add the subscription after payment verification.
- If there is a problem with your payment (such as a charge disputed with Paypal or your credit card company), your premium access will be immediately and automatically revoked. That’s the way the software works. If you disputed the charge through Paypal, contact them to remove the hold on the account. If you disputed through your credit card company, contact the administrator for paths to rectify the situation.
How can I get the most benefit from the site?
- Depends on your background and time line. See the cramming and test order questions below.
There are only three (hours/days/weeks/months) before the exam – what should I do in preparing/cramming for the exam?
- Read the end of chapter reviews in the Prep Guides. Use these to focus the rest of your studies.
- Take the tests in either flash card or learning mode to quickly assimilate the ideas. Refer to the test ordering question below.
- Read the forums for tips from previous test takers.
- Use the printable case studies for your exam.
- Take the collection of the printable tests in a two hour time block.
- Read the Prep Guides and articles pertaining to your concentrations.
What order should I use the tests?
- We put together a detailed curriculum listing for each concentration.
- In general:
- No matter which exam you’re taking, start with the mini-cipp. These are the only questions released by the IAPP and will give you a feel for the format of the test.
- Start with the CBK (Common Body of Knowledge) exams. This is the core knowledge for your exam.
- DVD questions are based on the IAPP workshops, and are a little more focused towards the elements on the exam.
- Glossary questions will help you quickly identify definitions and laws associated with your exam.
- Workbook, bibliography or reference material questions provide in-depth details.
Are there group, government or student discounts available?
- Yes. Contact the administrator for special pricing.